Another way to practice self-care is to find time to pursue your passions. Our lives can get very hectic, with people pulling at us from every direction. Many times our own passions and interest are the first things that get cut from our overbooked schedules. This can leave you feeling resentful towards the very people you love and care for. Over time this can cause you to lose your joy and zest for life. It seems like a quick and easy fix at the time, but it actually is an expensive one in the long run. Just like with routines, continuing to pursue your interest during the busy seasons of your life doesn’t have to take a lot of time, just a little planning, determination, and belief that you are worth it. Maybe you,
- Join a book club at your local library
- Take an online class through Skill Share
- Find an outside walking trail and start collecting leaves…bring them home and press them old school style between wax paper.
- Pick up a book to help you identify the leaves
- Pick up a camera and begin to notice your world in a different way
- Take part of a Saturday and explore an art museum in your area
- Buy an inexpensive set of calligraphy pens and check some books out of the library on hand lettering
- Start a journal…with a little washi tape and some pictures and memorabilia you have a scrapbook!!
- Find a YouTube video and learn how to crochet, knit, embroidery, cook, make soap, raise chickens, build birdhouses…you get the idea!
And maybe it’s been so long since you allowed yourself to think about what you are passionate about that you have no idea where to start. That’s ok too. Sit down and make a list of anything you have ever been remotely interested in learning about. Pick something from the list to explore weekly, and if it doesn’t interest you move to the next item. I can promise you will eventually find something that will inspire you. And remember…YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!