All right people…it’s crunch time…8 days till Valentines Day. And whether you love it or hate it, it will be in your face soon demanding your attention. Allow me to help you with your Valentines Day plans…so whether you are celebrating the day before the big day, on the big day or after the big day, we have you covered! Now on to the list….
- Cosmic Skate Night at Midsouth Ice House Every Saturday night in February the MidSouth Ice House turns down the lights, turns up the music and brings out the disco ball for an event that is fun for the entire family. Can you say Black Light Couple Skating??!!
- Maybe painting is more your thing. Pitter Potter Studios is offering a special painting night for couples from 6pm-9pm on February 14th. Reservations are required.
- Phillip Ashley Chocolates is hosting the first Chocistry Experience Tasting of 2019 on February 14th from 7pm-9pm at Memphis Botanic Garden. Enjoy eight designer chocolates paired with eight different wines and heavy hors-d’oeuvres.
- Romantic movie trivia will be going on at Pimentos, Maciel’s Highland and Memphis Made Tap Room are the places to be to test your trivia knowledge of all things Rom-Com! February 14th at 6:30…this is a free event, but reservations are strongly suggested.
- Have you always wanted to take a Memphis Riverboat Cruise? The Valentines Day Dinner and Music Cruise is perfect for you! The two-hour cruise will begin boarding at 6:30om and includes live jazz music and a delicious meal. If you haven’t seen our Memphis skyline at night, this is the perfect opportunity!
- Speaking of amazing views of the Memphis’ sky-line The Lookout Restaurant located on top of the Pyramid is serving a special Valentines dinner.
- Here is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate while giving to a very worthwhile cause. The 4th No Show Ball is a fundraiser for the Forrest Spence Fund. This wonderful non-profit helps support families of critically or chronically ill children by assisting with non-medical needs. And guess what? You don’t even have to leave your house for the ball! They will deliver a meal for four in a cooler to your door (complete with wine or apple cider) on February 9th between 10am-1pm.
- Celtic Crossing is hosting a special three-course dinner complete with chocolate hearts and piano music…all set in beautiful Midtown Memphis
- Primas Bakery and Boutique has put together a Valentines Truffle Tasting on February 9th at 4 pm. Truffle flavors include Nutella, Salted Caramel, White Chocolate Rasberry, and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
- Blue Suede Ballroom is offering a Valentines Day dance class on February 14th at 5 p.m, 6 p.m., and 7 p.m. These 45-minute classes give you the opportunity to practice the Rumba, Tango, or Salsa.
- The Memphis Shrine Circus starts on February 14th this year and runs through February 17th at the Agri Center Showplace Arena. A Valentines Day treat for the entire family!!
- Woodruff-Fontaine is hosting a Galentine’s Day Tea complete with your favorite hat and fan! Come celebrate in style on February 17th from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m and have a proper afternoon tea along with a tour of the museum.
- Felicia Suzanne’s is serving a fantastic three-course dinner complete with take-home chocolate dipped strawberries from Dinstuhl’s
- Trolley Stop Market is throwing a Valentines’ Day Celebration that celebrates the love of family and friends. It will include face painting, door prizes, and even a movie and will be held on February 14th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
So there you have it, a variety of fun things to do to celebrate Valentine Day in Memphis and the Mid-South. You need to make sure you call ahead and make reservations and or purchase tickets to ensure your spot. What are your plans to celebrate this year? If you have any other suggestions or ideas, please share them in the comment section below…Happy Celebrating!!!